From coffee mugs to coolers, virtually any useful item can be transformed into a promotional product. Unlike other advertising methods, promotional products offer versatility and cost effectiveness, along with definitive value for recipients.
Advantages of Promotional Products
Perhaps the greatest benefit of promotional products is that they are unobtrusive, so people don’t really view them as advertising. But they are one of the most effective media available:
- Promotional products are actually useful, so 97% of recipients keep them. The other 3% usually pass the products on to family or friends. Furthermore, 55% of recipients keep their promotional gifts for over a year.
- Since these items are used regularly, they result in 43% more brand recognition and recall than overt advertising methods like TV, radio, or magazines.
- When given as awards or gifts, promotional products become associated with a sense of goodwill and appreciation. These feelings carry over to your company.
- Because promotional products are both highly customizable and affordable, they represent an outstanding value.
Choosing the Right Promotional Products
- Employees generally appreciate corporate apparel, because they can wear it to work each day. High-quality polo shirts with the company logo are always an excellent holiday gift or corporate incentive.
- For corporate clients or other business-to-business interactions, office items like pens, paperweights, or wall calendars are both popular and appropriate.
- At trade shows, gadgets like key chains, stress balls, or personalized luggage tags make great giveaways. High-end gifts like branded portfolios or travel mugs differentiate you from the crowd.
- Outdoor special events such as golf tournaments, races, or picnics are the perfect opportunity to offer customized t-shirts, visors, Frisbees, drink cozies, sunscreen, or even picnic blankets.
- Create “goodie bags” for galas, benefits, and other upscale evening events with small, easily transported items that party-goers will use during the party, such as private-label water bottles, snacks, or cigars. Include other items for entertaining at home, like corkscrews.
- During the holidays, gift baskets with high-quality meats, cheeses, chocolates, or other goodies can be sent to either the home or the office. The entire office will enjoy a quick snack break, and at home the treats can be eaten or used for entertaining holiday guests.
Ultimately, the right company can offer countless promotional items and help you choosethe best strategy for your company. With a creative, cohesive approach, any company can enjoy the long-term benefits of a promotional products campaign.
source: verified, inc.