‘Tis the season! We’re 21 days into summer and know that company cookouts occur from now all the way until Labor Day. There is still plenty of time to come up with and order the perfect giveaway to accompany that cookout you’re planning.
We believe a good giveaway has the following qualities:
1. It’s versatile for a wide variety of ages. Whether you have young, out-of-college employees, or seasoned veterans, it should appeal to all attending.
2. It includes company branding. It’s company cookout, afterall!
3. It fits within your budget. It’s important to know how many items you want and where the price needs to be for each to make this a worthwhile investment. And keep in mind, it is a good investment for your company as long as you choose the right item. Sure you can find a $.50 giveaway, but will people actually use it?
4. Good segway…people will use it. Sure a foam sun visor is summer appropriate, but will people actually wear it and be proud to own it? Probably not.
Based on these qualities, here are some of our top picks and most successful company cookout giveaways:
1. Koozies. We promote the heck out of these because, well, people love them. They don’t throw them away (some even collect) and it’s the perfect item to use at your party and then carry home with you for future use.
2. Stadium Cups. Same story as above…they serve a dual purpose of use at the cookout and a take-away. People throw disposable cups away, but plastic stadium cups are washed and placed in the cabinet to use again. And again.
3. Water Bottle/ Tumber. Another drinkware option, we know, but look around the desks of everyone in your office. I bet nearly everyone has some sort of water bottle or tumbler on their desk, yes? It’s hot outside and reusable drinkware is green, it’s cost effective and it’s IN.
4. Lunch Coolers. Is your company fridge full of brown bag lunches every morning? If so, then you already have a target group of people who will use (and reuse) lunch coolers.
5. Picnic Blanket. It goes with the theme, it’s high-end and (again)…people will keep it. Not just for picnics, but for game days in the bleachers. Your company won’t leave the cookout without one. They’re too nice not to take!