There are so many good reason. Let us count the ways…
- Increased brand recognition: A goal for businesses, big and small, is often brand recognition. How can you make your brand not only stand out from the competition, but also remain in the minds of customers, both current and potential? One way is to get creative with your marketing. Promotional products are a simple tool that can help increase brand awareness for your small business; by customizing an item that a customer can use in his or her everyday life with your logo, for instance, you’re able to keep your small business top of mind.
- Mass outreach at a low cost: With a tight budget, it can be difficult to choose exactly what marketing items make the most sense for your small business, and what items will give you the most “bang for your buck.” With a small price tag but large, lasting impact, promotional products are a great value for your investment. Keep this in mind: A simple giveaway is a great way to increase customer loyalty. If you own a business, including a fun takeaway with purchases is a nice way to say thanks!
- Alternative business card: While business cards will always be an incredibly valuable business staple, promotional products are a fun, creative way to showcase your contact information. Instead of just leaving a potential customer with your business card, for example, consider leaving behind your business card AND another tangible, branded product. If you own a computer company, and just fixed someone’s machine, pass out your business card and a USB drive!
- Tactile: When it comes to marketing your business, another thing to keep in mind is repeat exposure. How can you keep what you do, and your business, consistently in front of customers without consistently spending a ton of money? Easy: Think about what items your customers will want to keep around. If you own a spa, for instance, put an appointment reminder on the back of your business card, as customers will want to keep that around to remember when they have to come back. If you run a bar, think about handing out free bottle openers or koozies.
- Powerful marketing platform: What does your marketing portfolio look like? Think of it this way: If you had to choose between eating the exact same lunch, twice a week, every week, or getting two different lunches each week instead, what would you pick? My guess it most of you would choose the variety. The same principle can be applied to your small business. Although having staple, predictable marketing products is important, being able to vary what you’re using to brand your business is important, too!